Friday, May 20, 2011

Let the Official Business Begin

How do I choose a tag that will somehow make it through the stringent elimination process of the PennDOT "special" registered license plate department.  A place where the word "fart" sends people into a full-blown panic...  Well,  creativity is key. 

I go onto the website and happily I find that not only does it let you know whether or not your choice of lettering is available, but it actually shows you what it would look like on the plate!  I read the instructions and find that you must make 3 choices and THEY get to pick which one you will get... if any!  Still hopeful, I try my first choice:
Subtle, yet effective indeed.  And look at that!  It's available!  Onto selection #2:

Yes, that will certainly get the point across.  Okay, I like it.  Is it available?  YES!  It is!  I'm getting more excited by the minute.  But, a third choice?  Well, I figured I'd push it just a little bit futher with this one:
Look how fantastic it looks on there!  I can't even wait for its arrival so I can slap it on the back of that bored, lonely little car driven by a 6'5" tall man.  And what luck!  It too is available!!  Okay, I'm sold.  What do I need to do to get one of these bad boys IMMEDIATELY?? 

Well, according to the instructions you click on a link that sends you to a form.  A print-out form.  You know what that means?  'Immediately' has been cut back by at least several days.  Boooo!  Oh well, I hit the print button and grab the forms and begin filling them out.  Unfortunately, I don't have my VIN or title # memorized so, I have to find a way into that car without him noticing. 

Clueless.
 Black Ops.  Thank you, Playstation Network.  I quietly sneak by and grab his keys and make my way toward the door.  Success!

Almost there...
 I manage to make it out the door without him yelling "where are you going??" Black Ops will surely keep him occupied long enough for me to get in, grab the info and get out without being noticed.

Hmm.. glad to see you're keeping things tidy.
 I get in, and tear through that glove compartment like one of those fat kids on Maury tears through a buffet.
Success!!
Alright, I've got the info written on a notepad... now to get back inside and get that form filled out and ready to go.

Never suspected a thing.
 I'm sitting here about 6 feet from him filling out this super-serious governmental form with vaginal references trying to put on the most 'serious business' face I can muster.

Almost ready.
 Just a few more things to do.  There's a $20 fee (well worth it, if you ask me).  So I write a check...

In case you didn't notice, I added a little note in the "for" section in case they may have any questions as to what this $20 is regarding.

Subtlety is crucial here.
 Okay.  The check is written, signed and vag'd - the form is completed, signed and thoroughly vag'd.  I should have that plate in NO time!!  Then I stumble upon this...

You have GOT to be kidding me!
 First of all, why did they choose to spell out the number 8 but not the number 10?  It makes no sense. 

Secondly, 'EIGHT TO 10' WEEKS???  There's got to be a way to put a rush on this thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment